There has been a lot of discussion in recent months about the collaborative efforts between the Fedora and DSpace teams. This Wiki page highlights some of the early discussions and it promises to be a great set of projects and discussions. Some highlights from my perspective:
- Identify high impact scholarly applications (e.g., Zotero) to integrate with our repositories - Oh Yea! Look out RefWorks! This would be a killer app for repositories.
- Jointly mentor the Google Summer of Code project that will demonstrate DSpace running on top of Fedora - Double Oh Yea! OCS/OJS next please.
- Investigate scenarios for integrating a open source workflow engines with our repositories; demonstrate workflows that use both DSpace and Fedora
- Work out issues around the semantics for content models using ORE (e.g., journal article, image, journal, book, etc.) - Please. This would make life easier for shops starting out.
- Host a web service for creating personal aggregations/collections using ORE? - We're working on something similar at UPEI so maybe we'll wait :-)
All I can say is "Keep it Up!" - this is the kind of colalboration that will produce some great apps and move all our efforts forward.